Friday, May 16, 2008

Visit to the Lakes Region

Well Dan left on Wednesday for a convention in Florida and won't be home until Saturday night. My mom came on Wednesday to watch the boys for a few hours, well really only Nathan since Nick was napping the whole time. Nathan had a melt down when it was time for her to leave, so on Thursday we decided to head on up to Gilford/Laconia to see my family. Good thing we have a van cause I brought the dog as well. We definitely needed a change of scenery and different toys for the boys to play with. We hung out at my mom's and played outside in the sandbox and then Nathan decided he wanted to use the water hose to wash my car. It didn't take long before he realized he could spray everyone else as well. We then headed over to my fathers to see the tractor that was parked in his backyard. The boys were beside themselves. We went back to my mom's where they got to play with Bumpa before they ate dinner. Then it was up for baths and into bed. Friday we went to breakfast with my dad which was chaotic at first. Nathan insisted that he needed to pee in the potty so I brought him into the restroom stall where he declared that he needed a urinal. He finally went, then it was back to the table for ordering. The waitress didn't seem too happy to have to wait on us since Nicholas was throughing crayons and silverware and Nathan was trying to steal his tractor. Grand B saved the day with his skillful art work of dogs, tractors, cars and dump trucks. After breakfast we went back to see the tractor, then back to Mami's to pick up the dog then home ward bound. It is so nice to visit family, but it always feels nice to come home too.

No comments: