Friday, September 12, 2008

Nathan's first day of Preschool






I have been slacking a bit on updating the blog lately, so I apologize to those who enjoy reading the posts and seeing the pictures. Nathan had his first day of preschool on Sept. 9. It was more or less a get acquainted day with all the other kids and their parents. It was nice for Nathan to have a couple of hours to meet and play with his new classmates, as it was for Dan and I to get a chance to meet some of the parents. Nicholas also had a blast playing with all the toys and kids. He seems to think that he is the one going to school! Neither of them wanted to leave when it was time to go. Wednesday was the real test for Nathan. Dan brought him to school, and he walked right in and put his backpack on the hanger with his name on it (which we pointed out to him on Monday). His teachers Miss Debbie and Miss Chicken say that he is doing well and that he is a very busy little boy, which we already knew! He seems very comfortable with the preschool and asks me every day if it is time to go to school yet. He also makes it a point to tell Nicholas that he is going to school all by himself and that Nick can't go. I think he enjoys some time away from his brother, as I think Nicholas is liking the fact that he gets to spend some alone time with me as well as all the toys!

3 comments:

sawicky99 said...

I LOVE how big his backpack is!!! Way to go Nathan!!! What a bunch of cuties!

Grammy said...

I want to know WHAT'S in the backpack?? I'm also not sure who is enjoying all this the most?? But it just seems like yesterday that Nathan was born and NOW he's in school !!Kylie & Dan, GOOD JOB!

Meems said...

Ky & Dan: I am so proud of youse guys for sending him off so well. Regina's credo---and she was the one who knew the best---was that you want to send off and wind up with children who are confident. And then, 15 years later when they make decisions and have their own opinions, you say, "Where did you learn to do that? Who told you that you were supposed to have your own ideas and opinions?" And that is the true-est test of your success as parents: to have raised children who are true individuals, with their own opinions, faults, and talents. It is SO, SO SCARY. But SO, SO RIGHT.

Nathan has both feet set upon the path. Nick can't wait to join him. Welcome to the world of watching them march away on their little feet.

When Ben went to kindergarten, I thought there would never, ever be a greater tug on my heartstrings. But when he got on the bus for high school, it took a xanax, a double-shot latte, and a nap before I could EVEN face the fact of how grown-up he is.

Enjoy them, Ky & Dan. They are so delicious, so precious, so ephemeral, and so eternal.

Best love always,

Meems, Sholom, & Ben