Thursday, September 4, 2008

Birthday Party 2008



We had a joint birthday party for the boys on August 30, 2008. We do this because Nathan's birthday is August 3 and Nick's birthday is October 2, so we try to do it right inbetween the two birthdays. This year we rented a bouncy house and all the kids had a blast. Nathan practically spent all day jumping, and Nicholas was pretty timid at first but at the end of the party he actually got in with Dan and started jumping around and enjoying himself. It was a warm day and luckily the rain held off so we were able to enjoy the party on our new deck. The boys definitely enjoyed opening the presents and inhaling cake and ice cream. Nicholas was hording all the gifts that were toys and wouldn't let anyone else play with them. I guess we will have to work on sharing. Nathan played so hard that he ended up regergitating whatever he did eat towards the end of the party. He also was still getting over a cold and had a belly ache all day so basically he was a bit dehydrated. Once we realized this we pumped him full of water and he crashed as soon as his head hit the pillow. However, he vomitted again the next morning but that was the last time. I think everyone had a good time, and enjoyed the food and company. I think Nathan said it best (while I was jumping in the bouncy house with him before the party even started), "this is the best birthday ever!" I guess the bar has been set, we will have to start brainstorming to try and compete with Birthday 08'

3 comments:

sawicky99 said...

LOVE the cake!!! And super funny because we are getting ready for the same birthday party this weekend. I SOOOOOO wish the boys could come!!! And you and Dan too...OF COURSE! I love the jumper because it occupies the kids while the adults can have fun too! I don't have that book and would love it...I am about a month behind on emails right now and on posting pictures...

Hugs to you and thanks for such nice emails, Kylie! You are such an awesome friend!!!

Grammy said...

Looks like the party was a success! The tractor boys just keep on going till they drop! For now I think the duel birthdays are great but soon they'll be wanting their own...Sorry I was unable to make it - do hope you understand. Loved the pictures and the smiles. Give them all a hug for me. Lova ya lots..

Meems said...

I love how Nathan closes his eyes when he's eating something he really likes. It's as if to say, "Yes. Yes. This IS divine."