Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Hitting the Slopes

Nathan riding the magic carpet at Gunstock
Nathan and Nicholas on the magic carpet with me holding Nick's hand

Me, helping Nick glide down the slope


Mami taking Nathan for his first ride on the chair lift


Nathan opening it up at the bottom of the trail with Mami chasing after him



Here are some pics of the boys skiing. It was Nathan's first time this season, he had been twice last year, and Nick's first time ever. The weather was clear but very cold and windy, Nick did not want to be in the wind so I figured he wouldn't even put the skis on. After he watched Nathan come down the bunny slope he decided to give it a try. I think mostly he wanted to ride the magic carpet. He pretty much glided down on his own with just me holding his hand or riding in between Mami's snowplow. Nick went down about 3 or 4 times and decided he was ready to go back to the car. While Nick and I were heading back to the car my mom and Mike stayed with Nathan. Nathan wanted to go on the chair lift so my mom took him up for his first ride. He did very well riding the chair, and skiing down mostly on his own. I think before the season is done both boys will have the hang of skiing!

3 comments:

Grammy said...

Hurray, you're back posting! I've missed it! There is nothing like christmas through the eyes of children. They make memories that we all hold dear to our hearts. I know it's a long hard season for the parents but we all survived! I loved the pictures of the boys skiing - and I'm sooo glad that the boys have grandparents that love the outside activities (and don't mind the cold!), when the boys get older I'll take them to a baseball game! And I'm soo glad kylie has 2 cameras now so she can take more memories! Thanks Kyle. And thanks to all of you for letting me share christmas with you - and we will play scrabble again!!

Grammy said...

Hi kids Grammy Bonnie is here and she was sharing all your photos with me. They are great!!! Those boys are doing soooooo much. Looks like you're having a blast with them. Hope Bob and I can get up to see you all some time. I'll check with you when it would be a good time. OK? well talk to you soon Keep up the great pictures!! Love Aunt Bette

Toni said...

Everyone looks like they're having fun but it sure looks cold. We can't wait to take them waterskiing! Thanks for sharing your memories and all the great pictures. Love Aunt Toni